Connected Ports – Connected Economies
Ports present a unique industrial environment
with large indoor and outdoor spaces bordering
between sea and land. Especially with most of
the assets, vehicles and personnel moving
around the area instead of being tied to a
specific production line, building and
maintaining reliable connectivity in such a
setting is difficult. Not only is wiring every place
impossible, but radio waves need to operate
with hard reflective surfaces such as ships,
container stacks and warehouse walls that can
even change from day to day. There are already
several logical networks present with industrial
control, voice communications and IoT each
having their own requirements.
Our multichannel broadband routers seamlessly
provide each of the logical networks all the
combined coverage and availability of the
individual physical networks. The connection
from your cargo handling vehicle or a ship stays
alive automatically even if one of the physical
networks goes down. Customers can combine
both private and commercial 3G, 4G and 5G
networks together with WiFi and satellite
communications. The vehicles with the installed
routers can even act as WiFi hotspots for
workers in the area. All of this provides orders of
magnitude better reliability and coverage with a
more cost-efficient way than increased private
Goodmill Systems has been founded in 2005 to
secure critical communications needs of public
safety authorities such as police and fire
departments. Thousands of our routers are at
this very moment providing broadband Internet
to moving vehicles and ships around the world
across LTE, WiFi and SATCOM networks. Our
customer base includes several national police
and defence organizations including navies and
companies such as Thales and Receptum.
- Lower telecommunications costs by using the most cost-effective network available.
- Immediate increased data communications capacity when better networks become available.
- Seamlessness of connectivity enables the aggressive use of the most suitable network in all situations without changes to applications or visible switchover to users.
- Goodmill Routers natively support IPSec VPN for all connections increasing security.
- With our management platform, the fleet is kept up to date over the air without ever accessing the individual hardware components.